National Redress Scheme
The National Redress Scheme will provide support to people who experienced institutional child sexual abuse.
- acknowledges that many children were sexually abused in Australian institutions
- holds institutions accountable for this abuse, and
- helps people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse gain access to counselling and psychological services, a direct personal response, and a monetary payment.
The Scheme started on 1 July 2018 and will run for 10 years.
Applications for the National Redress Scheme can be made from 1 July 2018.
You can choose to apply if you:
- experienced institutional child sexual abuse before 1 July 2018, and
- are aged over 18 or will turn 18 before 30 June 2028, and
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and
- are applying about an institution that has joined the National Redress Scheme, and
- apply between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2027.